Product Marketing & Promotions Intern
T-Rex Cookie is a small business headquartered in the Twin Cities. Started in 2015, T-Rex Cookie has grown from a local farmer’s market stand to a recognized local and national brand through brick and mortar locations and packaged dough found in grocery store chains.
Position: Product Marketing & Promotions Intern
Location: Eagan, MN and the Twin Cities Metro
June 1 – August 15 (or as negotiated with intern, must be a minimum of 10 weeks at 40 hrs/wk). This particular internship is part of the St. Olaf College Entrepreneurial Scholars summer internship program. Please see the following website for more information on the program: https://wp.stolaf.edu/pipercenter/st-olaf-entrepreneurial-scholars/
The Product Marketing Promotions Intern will be executing the marketing strategy for T-Rex Cookie Dough in grocery stores and at promotional events across the Twin Cities Metro. Prior to executing promotional strategy, Intern will be expected to learn all aspects of the business from working in the bakery to selling products at both brick & mortar locations. Intern will partner with Operations Manager and Brand Manager to learn all aspects of the business as well as developing a broad marketing strategy.
The average number of hours will be 40 hours a week and the days worked will vary depending on project workload and bakery volume. The intern must have reliable transportation to and from events as well as the shops in Eagan and Minnetonka. The intern will have the opportunity to work closely with the CEO and founder, and have the opportunity to impact the success of expanding the reach of T-Rex Cookie.
Event primary duties include:
· Coordination with distributor on promotional events
· Driving to events and grocery store demos throughout the Twin Cities Metro and a few Out-State locations
· Event/demo set-up and tear-down
· Marketing the product and mastering an elevator pitch
· Setting up meetings with breweries
· Training stores on proper baking execution
· Calling on store orders and placing them with distributor
· Researching and selling to new accounts
· Deliver to our accounts
· Partner with our Co-Packer to ensure deliveries go out accurately and on time
As part of the 2022 Entrepreneurial Scholars program, interns will also attend three to four - two hour program events throughout the summer, will meet weekly with a small cohort of peers, and will complete a final presentation at the close of the internship.
· Sophomore or Junior with strong academic record
· Must have extremely strong communications skills
· Familiarity with social media platforms: Instagram, Facebook, TikTok
· Passionate about the local food system
· Experience in customer service and marketing/sales
· Interest/experience in consumer packaged goods industry
· Ability to interact positively with all kinds of people
· Capable of standing for 4+ hours at a time and able to lift 40 lbs.
· Quick learning, self-sufficient, and trustworthy – able to work independently
· Reliable transportation, computer and smart phone